5 Shortcomings of BDSM Dating Sites You Should Know About
Online dating can provide you with some of the most enjoyable BDSM hookups, but it can also provide a lot of disappointments too. And it should always be said that you need to keep safety in mind. While fetish dating can add a bit of extra spice to your life, it can be a bit different than your average dating experience.
Here are 5 shortcomings of online BDSM sites you should know about, so you can focus on having the best dating experience possible.
- They can’t guarantee your safety. If you just want to have fun chatting online, the BDSM sites may suit your purposes. But if you want to meet up with potential dates, these sites cannot guarantee your safety, no matter how much they screen the members. This not only means that you should get to know a stranger before heading back to their place, but both parties need to have their safe words, and to use them. Your safety will be up to you, and you need to respect yourself so you can leave any uncomfortable situations.
- Fetish dating sites may have more men than women. While this is great for women who are into BDSM hookups, it’s not so great for men who want to meet with female partners. Too many men may be left with participating in forums or online messaging, even if they do want to meet for live BDSM dates.
- The BDSM lifestyle may be too casual for some members. Many people may be seeking a more permanent partner, or even a lifetime partner, who also enjoys BDSM dating activities. Many people date for more than the fun experience — they want love and companionship too. It can be difficult to match BDSM and lifetime together on BDSM sites.
- Too much chat, not enough action. Regardless of the proportion of male to female members on any one dating site, many of these people may not be serious about meeting in real life. They may simply enjoy the experience of online chat or forums. These people may also be in committed relationships where it’s not possible to meet you in real life. This can be a big disappointment for someone who was hoping to meet people, even if it’s just for BDSM chat in a coffee shop.
- People aren’t who they say they are. With online BDSM dating, people will develop their online or character profiles. You can never be certain if they are really who they say they are. This may raise red flags when you wish to meet them in real life. After all, you want to make new friends and partners, but how can you do that if their character is a sham?
If you realize the shortcomings of online BDSM sites, you can learn to avoid disappointment. They are what they are, and if you stick to their intended purpose, you should be able to have some fun with them.